Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Large English Regency Sheraton Style Inlaid Mahogany Open Breakfront Bookcase
Regular price £1,340.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1340
(Please note that it takes 2 people to assemble this bookcase, let us know if its a ground floor location and if there is suitable access, please measure your door frame width and height and advise us to make sure this will fit through, as any return shipping costs will be payable by the buyer. Also all of the ornaments, books props as seen in picture 1 are not included, please allow us up to a week for delivery as its large item)
- 1 Sumptuous Beautiful Extra Large Tall English Regency Sheraton Style Inlaid Mahogany Open Breakfront Bookcase.
- Tall being 7ft high and 5 ft 10 inches wide.
- Intricate inlay work to the top includes classic inlaid exotic wood Sheraton motifs, garlands & sashes.
- The breakfront really gives a fabulous regal style look.
- Having adjustable shelves so you can install different sized books, decorative ornaments vases for example.
- This is a classic impressive functional piece.
- Ideal for your home study, business offices, libraries.
- There are 46 slot groves that run down along inside the front either side of each front section.
- There are 18 display shelves in total, of which 15 of there heights can be adjusted.
- The bottom 3 are fixed and do not adjust.
- To install the 15 shelves 30 wooden side batons are included that fit in the inner groves, 10 batons for each of the 3 front sections.
- It come apart into 5 sections for ease of transport as they slot in together.
- Sheraton is a late 18th-century neoclassical English furniture style, in vogue ca 1785 - 1820, that was coined by 19th century collectors and dealers to credit furniture designer Thomas Sheraton, born in Stockton-on-Tees, England in 1751.
- The Sheraton style was inspired by the Louis XVI style and features round tapered legs, fluting and most notably contrasting veneer inlays.
- Sheraton style furniture takes lightweight rectilinear forms, using satinwood, mahogany and tulipwood, sycamore for inlaid decorations.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Made from finest mahogany veneers, mdf & chipboard.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- In places having noticeable wear scuffs, scratches, paint stains, minor veneer chips also some small holes have been drilled to accommodate wiring commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
84" High (213cm)
70" Wide (178cm)
13.5 Length depth for outer deepest bottom central section (34cm)
Interior depth of shelves in central section 27cm
depth of shelves in the side recessed sections 22cm