18th Century Oil Painting Portrait Welsh Methodist The Reverend Sermon
Experience a piece of Welsh history with this one 18th century oil painting portrait of The Reverend conducting his Sermon! Hang this classic beauty in your room and you'll be able to witness the pastor's sermon every day! (religious or not, you can't deny the charm of this old-fashioned masterpiece!)
- Subject portrait of a handsome North Wales Methodist Reverend gentleman in half length front profile view staring facing the viewer. He is wearing a powdered wig, smart lace white collar and black overcoat, whilst holding a white cloth handkerchief in one hand, with his other hand raised with palm open as he is about to give his sermon, he has blue eyes, his gaze is wide and so fascinating.
- Title "The Reverend".
- Welsh school artist unsigned.
- Circa late 18th century Georgian Era.
- A nice easy display size with the frame being 54.5 cm high and 44.5 cm wide.
- Presented in the original gilt frame.
- So collectible and sought after the religious subject matter.
- Oil on canvas.
- Provenance from an art dealers collection in Ruthin.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon subject, quality & significance.
- Highly sought after work of art.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition. The front painting surface is in acceptable overall order with colour fading and various foxing stains, minor paint losses to the surface is places. The frame has general wear, paint loss, chips, losses, scuffs commensurate with usage & old age. The painting would benefit with being cleaned and reframed.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (54.5 cm)
Wide (44.5 cm)
Depth (4 cm)