Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Victorian Oil Painting Still Life Grapes Peaches Figs Fruit Listed Oliver Clare
Normaler Preis £1,195.00
Buy Now £1195
- 1 Small Fine Antique Victorian 19th Century Art Oil Painting Still Life Grapes, Peaches, Figs, Vine leaves Fruit Listed Oliver Clare.
- Subject still life classical display of Grapes, peaches, figs, foliage vine leaves resting on a stone ledge.
- This painting is signed by the famous British listed accomplished artist Oliver Clare.
- This is one of his finer works.
- Oliver Clare was a British art painter who is best known for his detailed and polished academic still lifes of fruit and flowers.
- Born near Birmingham, United Kingdom in 1853, Clare was the son of prominent still-life artist George Clare, who it is thought was responsible for much, if not all, of Clare's artistic training.
- The Clare family members were Victorian artists who specialized in, and were well known for their highly finished and precisely detailed still life and flower paintings.
- Their stippling technique and choice of subject matter are almost identical.
- While Oliver lived in Birmingham he was commissioned by a local health firm "Health Food Stores" to paint still-lives to be reproduced on postcards and posters.
- Associated with the Artists of the West Midlands, the younger Clare exhibited paintings at the Royal Society of Artists in Birmingham, the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool, and the Royal Society of British Artists in London.
- Despite his oeuvre being mainly composed of floral still lifes, Clare had a passion and fondness for animals and animal painting, Oliver was particularly gifted with animals.
- He taught his dog to stoke the fire and collect fruit from the greengrocer.
- On the night he died in 1927), he sang 'Abide with me & his dog died that same night.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- Oil on board.
- Circa late 19th century 1890's.
- Such a pretty delightful happy colourful painting of flowers.
- Set in such an attractive gilt wood frame.
- Provenance bought from out of a private stately home museum collector in Shropshire.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- A superb collectors investment item.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable stains, dust, hairs, scuffs & some minor paint loss to the canvas surface in places.
- With various wear, scuffs, some chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you discount.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame
10.03" High (25.5cm)
1.18" Length thickness (3cm)
12.79" Wide (32.5cm)