Sporting Oil Painting "Londolozi" Horse Jockey Racing Portrait Sue Wingate RCA 1947-2016
Buy Now £4500
- Horse Racing Equestrian Interest 1 Fine Sporting Art 20th Century Oil Painting "Londolozi" Horse & Jockey Racing Jumping Fence Portrait Sue Wingate RCA.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in original impressive gilt frame.
- Subject Horse Racing portrait of Horse & Jockey Rider Jumping Fence.
- A great depiction of the animal breed.
- Titlle of the painting is "Londolozi". Plaque shown on the bottom front of the frame.
- Signed by the famous world known equestrian artist Sue Wingate RCA 1947-2016.
- Sue Wingate studied at Epsom Art School, followed by Winchester Art College, culminating in the Royal College of Art where she won two scholarships and obtained her degree. The following years were spent in Spain producing large landscapes, the majority held in private collections locally.
- Horses were a lifelong passion and equestrian studies took over the majority of her work resulting in many private and corporate commissions. ‘The turf’ became the bedrock of her commissions and her love of nature evident in the detailing of the landscapes.
- Due to the level of demand Sue had few exhibitions, she did, however, exhibit in; Kentucky, Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery and in Newmarket, at Palace House, home of The National Horseracing Museum. The National Horseracing Museum graciously accepted her bequest and will display her painting of Ardross next Spring.
- Notable commissions included: The Spirit of the St Ledger for Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Teenoso twice for the late owner, E B Moller, Chief Singer twice for the owner, Mr J C Smith, Desert Orchid, One Man – so the list goes on. Two notable paintings were for competitions run by the Sun/Times Newspaper Group and Telegraph magazine, Corbiere winning the Grand National and a tight Derby finish, Secreto and El Gran Senor, respectively.
- There are very few remaining notable works of Sue Wingate that are not already in private collections.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1985.
- Weight unwrapped just under 5kg.
- Provenance bought from a fine auction label verso.
- Highly sought after by CEO's, interior designers, museums, art gallerys, antique dealers, famous & private collectors, film tv studio prop shops.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread verso.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front painting surface is in good overall order. The back of the canvas has foxing.
- The frame having some chips in places, scuffs, scratches commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High 28.54" (72.5cm)
Wide 34.44" (87.5cm)
Depth 1.57" (4cm)