Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Oil Painting Beach Marine Scene Gulls On The Shoreline William Langley
BUY NOW £1250
- 1 Art Work Antique Late Victorian Oil Painting Beach Marine Scene Gulls On The Shoreline Listed William Langley.
- Distinctly signed by a famous listed British artist William Langley (born in 1852 & died in 1922).
- Study marine landscape, beach sand dunes with seagulls flying over the sea shore.
- Well known for his atmospheric paintings of landscapes.
- He painted scenes from around the British Isles at the turn of the 1900's.
- Still very popular today.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- Oil on canvas.
- Stamped on the back Winsor & Newton prepared canvas, school of art London England.
- A rather intriguing atmospheric scene.
- A great talking point with your guests.
- Set in a fine original gilt wood frame.
- We only sell fine oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A superb collectors investment item.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa very early 20th century 1900.
- Provenance bought from a private collector seller in Lancashire.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable craquelure & foxing stains to the canvas surface & few small brush hairs & also small paint loss in places.
- With various foxing stains to the back of the canvas.
- Some wear, scuffs & small chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
19.29" Height (49cm)
26.97" Width (68.5cm)
1.37" Length depth thickness of frame (3.5cm)
Share this Product