Continental Landscape Watercolour Sailing Ships "Lake Bled" Julian Alps Slovenia
Buy Now £1150
- 1 Decorative Art Continental School Landscape Watercolour Sailing Ships "Lake Bled" Julian Alps Slovenia.
- Subject Lake Bled having such beautiful deep perspective, in the foreground to the right figures in a boat rowing, further back sailing boats , in the centre a Church with a tall tower, with further buildings to the left, in the background imposing views of the Julian Alps.
- Watercolour on paper with glass protective cover.
- Circa beginning of the 20th century.
- Set in a later traditional gilt frame.
- Unsigned, Contenental School Artist.
- Lake Bled (Slovene: Blejsko jezero; German: Bleder See, Veldeser See) is a lake in the Julian Alps of the Upper Carniolan region of northwestern Slovenia, where it adjoins the town of Bled. The area is a tourist destination. Lake Bled is 4.2 km (2.6 mi) from Lesce-Bled train station.
- The lake surrounds Bled Island (Blejski otok). The island has several buildings, the main one being the pilgrimage church dedicated to the Assumption of Mary (Cerkev Marijinega vnebovzetja), built in its current form near the end of the 17th century, and decorated with remains of Gothic frescos from around 1470 in the presbyterium and rich Baroque equipment.
- The church has a 52 m (171 ft) tower and there is a Baroque stairway dating from 1655 with 99 stone steps leading up to the building. The church is frequently visited and weddings are held there regularly. Traditionally it is considered good luck for the groom to carry his bride up the steps on the day of their wedding before ringing the bell and making a wish inside the church.
- Provenance bought from a fine art sale label verso.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread on the back.
- Reference sources wikipedia.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front painting surface has noticeable foxing staining in places commensurate with usage & age. The frame has some wear, scuffs, scratches commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate