Decorative Qing Style Chinese Python Gilt Bronze Snake Sculpture
- 1 Decorative Small Qing Style Chinese Python Gilt Bronze Snake Sculpture.
- In the Qing style, from the Chinese Zodiac of the snake.
- Having such beautiful detail you can see the scales decorations & eyes on the snake.
- A feature that stands out is the snakes pose coiled like its ready to strike.
- So collectible, highly sought after by private collectors, interior designers & home decorators.
- Superb finest quality.
- Free standing.
- The Pythonidae, commonly known as pythons, are a family of nonvenomous snakes found in sub-Saharan Africa, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Southeast Asia, southeastern Pakistan, southern China, the Philippines and Australia.
- Among its members are some of the largest snakes in the world.Most members of this family are ambush predators, in that they typically remain motionless in a camouflaged position, and then strike suddenly at passing prey. Attacks on humans, although known to occur, are extremely rare.
- Pythons use their sharp, backward-curving teeth, four rows in the upper jaw, two in the lower, to grasp prey which is then killed by constriction; after an animal has been grasped to restrain it, the python quickly wraps a number of coils around it. Death occurs primarily by cardiac arrest in prey.
- Such an exciting great conversation talking point to your guests.
- Unwrapped weight just under 400 grams approximate.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Provenance bought from an antiques dealer at the world famous Stafford County Showground Antiques Fair.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having charming natural wear patina commensurate with usage & age.
- With some minor scuffs, scratches, stains in places.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting other collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres approximate
High (7.5 cm)
Width (5 cm)
Length depth of base (7 cm)