Spectacular German Wallendorf Ballerina Swan Dance Lady Posing Figurine
Buy Now £85
- 1 Spectacular Original German Wallendorf Ballerina Swan Lady Dance Posing Figurine Ornament.
- Subject a beautiful ballerina who is practising her swan move.
- Beautifully hand painted & having exceptional detail.
- Wearing her golden ballet shoes, decorative crown & dance leotard clothing
- With the makers mark underneath which is for Wallendorf numbered 1620/D.
- Circ mid 20th century 1960's.
- A rather fine collector gift.
- History of the Wallendorf factory which was established by Johann Wolfgang Hammann from Katzhütte. First he requested a concession grant for porcelain manufacturing at the royal court of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt. He was denied but finally opened his business in Katzhütte.
- A year later Johann Wolfgang Hammann bought the manor in Wallendorf located in the territory of the duchy of Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld. Wallendorf porcelain manufactory has been operating since 1764. Porcelain Manufactory Wallendorf was founded jointly by Wolfgang Hammann and his son, the glass painter Gottfried Greiner and his cousin Gotthelf Greiner.
- The manufactory was owned by the Hamann’s family until 1833. After this date owners were changing quite often: Johann Heinrich Hutschenreuther, Kämpf & Heubach JSC, Fraureuth Porcelain Factory and Schaubachkunst.
- In 1953 the Wallendorf factory was nationalized by East Germany government. Since 1990 it operates as limited liability company
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some faults as some of her fingers are missing also scuffs, scratches, dirt & stains in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres approximate