19th Century Oil Painting Portrait Ginger Hair Rose Young Lady
You'll have yourself a real flower in the form of this 19th century oil painted portrait. From her ginger hair to her beautiful rose complexion, this young lady is sure to be the highlight of the room. Sprinkled with just the right amount of beauty and history, it's a must-have for any admirer of classical art.
- Subject side profile is looking forwards to a half-length portrait of the most beautiful young lady with ginger. She is wearing an earring in her ear, and she has a pink rose in her thick flowing hair, wearing a blue and white dress, which is decorated profusely with pink floral petal decorations on her shoulder and arm areas, with her hand dainty thin fingers held up to her chin in a curious elegant pose.
- She is a lady of importance by the way she is dressed.
- Her complexion with rosy lush cheeks.
- Her face is incredibly so elegant & pretty, with cherry red lips and her blue eyes.
- The detail, especially with her slender hands, are so exquisite and are the typical signs of a master artist
- Such master fine brushstroke control.
- English school.
- Indistinctly signed in the bottom corner.
- So finely painted oil on canvas.
- Windsor & Newton stamped on the back with a Newcastle frame makers label verso.
- Set in a rather ornate gilt frame.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 19th century, dated 1870.
- Provenance bought from a high-end auction label verso.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Good condition of the surface overall, with various craquelures, foxing on the back, the frame is also in good order with some general wear, scuffs, minor chips commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available. Please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send a message thank you.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Arts and antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimeters of the frame