Antique Nautical Marine Anchor Chain Seagull Wall Plaque Scientist Et Pax
This 1 Antique Nautical Marine Anchor Chain Seagull Wall Plaque features a classic imagery of a seagull against an anchor chain, highlighted by the inscription of “Scientist et Pax”, or “Knowledge and Peace” in Latin. The perfect wall accent to any nautical-style room!
- Pictorial in raised relief of an anchor chain running across the front on a slanted angle, with an anchor below and further above is a seagull in flight also above the seagull is an open book of knowledge resting on a bar flanked on either side decorative regal ensign flags, with curling garland decorations on top with the Latin inscription Scientist Et Pax which translates to Knowledge & Peace.
- So collectible and such an interesting historical rare collectors piece.
- Made from sheet brass and so well cast with exceptional detail.
- Made in England.
- A nice small size being 20 cm high and 13.5 cm wide.
- Weighing around 1 kg unwrapped.
- Made from brass.
- Circa early 20th century.
- Superb to display in your home, also great for a TV film documentary, theater, museum, gallery, studio props shop.
- Having a small hole in the top middle for you to screw or nail to your wall.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine charming used patina condition.
- Having signs of wear, scuffs & scratches in places commensurate with usage & old age also old weld repairs shown on the back, fully functional and strong.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thank you.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our exciting other Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimeters
Length depth at deepest point (0.8 cm)
High (20 cm)
Wide (13.5 cm)