Dutch Pen & Ink Drawing Amsterdam Cathedral From Port
This Dutch pen & ink drawing of Amsterdam's iconic cathedral from the port is a must-have for art lovers! With its intricate detail and beautiful composition, it'll be the perfect addition to any home. Get ready to channel your inner artist! 🧑🎨
Signed by the architect & artist E. Smith Fawcett, also written in pencil verso.
- This is such a fine example of his work.
- Circa early 20th century, dated 1936 verso.
- Medium pen & ink on paper.
- Subject Architectural view of the iconic Amsterdam Cathedral landmark buildings from port.
- Having a beautiful detailed perspective, especially on the buildings.
- The focal point is the domed cathedral tower next to the twin towers towards the center buildings with turret building on the shoreline, with further interesting buildings on both flanks, with trees to the left. Towards the front is a jetty walkway with storage sheds with some Dutch bicycles leaning against the wall. A figure can be seen on the tugboat at the front and a further figure on the Jetty jetty, on the other side. On shipping boats with a figure shown to the far right.
- Set in a traditional late wood frame with protective glass cover.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Such an intriguing, pleasing scene to the eye.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- Provenance bought from an art dealer at an antique fair.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- Highly sought after by private collectors, interior designers, art galleries & museums.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor wear, foxing staining the drawing surface in places, also some shrinkage and creasing towards the central top area commensurate with usage & old age. With some wear and discoloration of the wooden frame in places.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout the other exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
Length depth thickness of frame (1.5cm)