Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair Early 20th Century 1920's Small Italian Marble Lion Display Sculptures
BUY NOW £3995
- Fine Pair Small Vintage in the Neoclassical Style Italian Marble Display Sculptures Lion Statues After Antonio Canova.
- In the style of after Anton Canova.
- Magnificent craftsmanship of the highest handmade carved quality.
- Each sculpture is hand crafted from white marble and depicts a male & female lion in a Neoclassical style pose.
- Standing on four legs and baring its teeth.
- Unsigned no makers mark.
- Circa early 20th century, 1920's.
- The figures are both set on slim jagged edge rectangular shaped white marble plinths.
- In the 18th and 19th Centuries pairs of sculptures of lions were very popular in European homes.
- They would often be placed on either side of a doorway to give the appearance of standing guard.
- They are each very heavy weighing over 20kg each approx weight.
- Beautiful centrepiece lion sculptures.
- Origin from Italy.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used worn condition.
- Having various noticeable discolouration, wear, scratches and some minor chips commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you extra discount.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres each approx
11" High (28cm)
6" Wide (15cm)
16" Length (41cm)