Religious Painting Jesus Of the Sacred Heart Appearing To St Margaret Mary
This 1 religious painting is a beautiful representation of Jesus of the Sacred Heart appearing to Saint Margaret Mary. The attention to detail captures the significance of the story and is sure to captivate viewers. It's a great way to add spirituality to your home.
- Subject French Religious scene of St Margaret Mary who is dressed in her traditional nun clothing black dress, her rosemary beads with cross are being her side attached to her belt, she is kneeling down looking up with her hands open and outstretched reaching towards the apparition of Jesus in her convent by the alter which has a beautiful silk lace cloth draped over the top, her bible is on the alter step, with swirling white clouds and a great starburst light coming from around the sacred heart of Jesus, this is such a magnificent sight.
- Title “Our Lord" Appearing To St Margaret Mary at Her Convent, Parable Menial, plaque shown on the bottom.
- Watercolor on paper with a protective glass front cover.
- Circa early 20th century inscribed verso artist Charles Carlin dated 1932.
- PARTY LE MENIAL AND THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS
Place of the Apparitions Of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary
Party Le Menial is a small town in the Burgoyne region of eastern France. It is the place where the Sacred Heart of Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary of Plaque. The apparitions and subsequent devotion to the Sacred Heart took place in the late 17th century. St. Margaret Mary’s spiritual director was St. Claude de la Colombia. Both consecrated themselves to the Sacred Heart and promoted the devotion with much suffering. This devotion was strongly opposed in and out of the Church and suppressed in many places. In 1856, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the Feast of the Sacred Heart for the entire Church and exhorted the faithful to consecrate themselves to the Sacred Heart (1875). St. Margaret Mary was canonized on May 13th, 1920.
- The Apparitions Since childhood St. Margaret was formed by the Blessed Virgin. When she was ill she did many corporal penances with great charity. In 1671, she entered the Visitation Convent. One day while she was before the Blessed Sacrament, Jesus allowed her “to rest for a long time on His Divine Heart,” revealing to her “the marvels of His love and the unexplainable secrets of His Sacred Heart” (Dec. 17th, 1673, Feast of St. John the Apostle).
- Jesus said: “My Divine Heart is so passionate of love for humanity and in particularly for you that it is not able to contain itself in the flames of this ardent love. It’s necessary for you to be enriched with His precious treasures. . I have chosen you. . “ And taking her heart, He placed it in His “like a small particle consumed in the burning furnace.”
- Since that day the Sacred Heart appeared to her regularly, especially on First Fridays.
Jesus said: “Here is the Heart which has so deeply loved men, it has spared nothing even exhausted and consumed itself to show them my love and in return all I receive from the majority of them is ingratitude.”
- First Fridays
Jesus:“ I promise you in the excessive of the mercy of My Heart, that His omnipotent love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the first nine Fridays of consecutive months, the grace of final penance.” (Benedict XV at her canonization)
- “Sadly, we can say, Devotion to the Sacred Heart has diminished in some people; from now on, may it flourish more each day, may it be regarded by all as an authentic, excellent and secure devotion which our times demand according to the Second Vatican norms.” (Pope Paul VI).
- The Chapel of the Visitation, the Chapel is located in the Monastery of the Visitation - Rue de la Visitation 71600. This is the actual place where the apparitions of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary took place in 1673.
- Here are housed relics of the Saint. An impressive size with the frame being 88.5 cm high and 66 cm wide.
- Set in a traditional decorative gilt frame.
- Exceptionally well painted such a very fine religious example which is so collectible & sought after.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Provenance from out of a chapel, St Mary Studio Chaddesden Derbyshire inscribed on the painting bottom right.
- Condition report the painting surface is in good overall order offered in fine charming used condition. Having various foxing staining, the frame having various signs of general wear, repairs, scuffs, scratches, minor chip losses, some over painting & stains commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Browse our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimeters of frame approximate
High (88.5 cm)
Length depth thickness (4 cm)
Wide (66 cm)