Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Still Life Grapes Peaches Figs Fruit Attributed to Oliver Clare
Precio habitual $1,536.00
Los gastos de envío se calculan en la pantalla de pagos.
- Create a stunning display of colourful fruit with this oil painting attributed to Oliver Clare. Perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room, this still life captures the beauty and richness of grapes, peaches, and figs. Bring a touch of nature into your home with this beautiful piece of art."
- Subject still life, a classical display of grapes, peaches, figs, foliage and vine leaves resting on a stone ledge.
- This painting is signed Oliver Clare.
- Oliver Clare was a British art painter who is best known for his detailed and polished academic still lives of fruit and flowers.
- Born near Birmingham, United Kingdom in 1853, Clare was the son of prominent still-life artist George Clare, who it is thought was responsible for much, if not all, of Clare's artistic training.
- The Clare family members were Victorian artists who specialized in, and were well known for their highly finished and precisely detailed still life and flower paintings.
- Their stippling technique and choice of subject are almost identical.
- While Oliver lived in Birmingham, he was commissioned by a local health firm "Health Food Stores" to paint still-lives to be reproduced on postcards and posters.
- Associated with the Artists of the West Midlands, the younger Clare exhibited paintings at the Royal Society of Artists in Birmingham, the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool, and the Royal Society of British Artists in London.
- Despite his oeuvre being mainly composed of floral still lives, Clare had a passion and fondness for animals and animal painting. Oliver was particularly gifted with animals.
- He taught his dog to stoke the fire and collect fruit from the greengrocer.
- On the night he died in 1927), he sang 'Abide with me & his dog died that same night.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- Oil on board.
- Circa early 20th century.
- Such a pretty, delightful, happy, colourful painting of flowers.
- Set in such an attractive gilt wood frame.
- Provenance was bought from a private stately home museum collector in Shropshire.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide friendly professional professionals with exceptional customer service.
- A superb collectors' investment item.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable stains, dust, hair, scuffs, & some minor paint loss to the canvas surface in places.
- With various wear, scuffs, some chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send a message thank you.
- Checkout the other exciting available listings in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of frame
Length thickness (3cm)