Pair 19th Century Gilded Bronze Alexander The Great & Napoleon Military Cameo Plaques
- Pair Charming Conversation Piece Small 19th Century Gilded Ormolu Bronze Alexander The Great & Napoleon Bonaparte Cameo Wall Plaques.
- Depicting the most famous Military leaders, King Alexander The Great & Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.
- They are very decorative exceptional detail.
- Made from bronze with gilded ormolu finish.
- A feature that also stands out is that they are both set on oval stepped mahogany wood frames
- Alexander III of Macedon (Greek: Αλέξανδρος, Aléxandros; 20/21 July 356 BC – 10/11 June 323 BC), commonly known as Alexander the Great, was a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon.
- A member of the Argead dynasty, he was born in Pella—a city in Ancient Greece—in 356 BC. He succeeded his father King Philip II to the throne at the age of 20, and spent most of his ruling years conducting a lengthy military campaign throughout Western Asia and Northeastern Africa.
- By the age of thirty, he had created one of the largest empires in history, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. He was undefeated in battle and is widely considered to be one of history's greatest and most successful military commanders.
- Napoléon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 – 5 May 1821), usually referred to as simply Napoleon in English, was a French military and political leader who rose to prominence during the French Revolution and led several successful campaigns during the Revolutionary Wars.
- He was the de facto leader of the French Republic as First Consul from 1799 to 1804. As Napoleon I, he was Emperor of the French from 1804 until 1814 and again in 1815. Napoleon dominated European and global affairs for more than a decade while leading France against a series of coalitions in the Napoleonic Wars.
- He won most of these wars and the vast majority of his battles, building a large empire that ruled over continental Europe before its final collapse in 1815. One of the greatest commanders in history, his wars and campaigns are studied at military schools worldwide. He remains one of the most celebrated and controversial political figures in human history.
- They are ready for immediate interior wall display as they have an attached metal round hanging hook on on the top of each.
- Ideal for the private collector, trade, gallery or interior design decorator to suit any contemporary or antique interior design theme home.
- Circa 19th century.
- Bought from our of a high end auction sale in the south west of England.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with some wear, scratches, in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
9.05" High (23cm)
6.86" Width (17.5cm)
0.88 Depth thickness of each (2.25cm)