Pair Victorian Clarke's Cricklite Gilt Bronze Cut Glass Domed Shades Fairy Lamps
- Pair Small Rare Antique 19th Century Victorian Clarke's Cricklite Gilt Ormolu Bronze & Cut Glass Domed Shades With Sconces Fairy Lamp Lighting Candelabra's.
- Made by Samuel Clarke of Cricklewood London.
- These are very rare.
- No wax candles are included.
- Finely handmade master craftmanship in England.
- Set with Domed top Thomas Webb of Stourbridge cut glass shades.
- They come apart into six pieces in total, the domes lift off the scones and then the sconces lift out of the inner cork slots.
- Very unusual with gilt ormolu bases that are magnificently adorned with acanthus leaves, flowers & a green man mask decorations.
- Total combined unwrapped weight 3kg.
- Made from gilt ormolu over bronze & cut glass.
- Cricklites were slow-burning candle night-lights manufactured by Samuel Clarke and were originally meant to burn for eleven hours.
- Clarke Fairy Lamps Fairy lamps are candle-burning lights.
- Their popularity peaked during the Victorian era.
- Best known of this period were the Clarke Fairy Lamps.
- Samuel Clarke was a candle maker and patented many holders for his candles.
- Other manufacturers made the lamp parts and art glass shades for his company.
- Clarke patented lamps having beautiful dome cut glass top nightshades with matching lamp sconce cups.
- The candle sconce cups are embossed with Clarke’s logo a fairy holding a wand. Hence the name fairy lamp."
- Also monogrammed initial signed underneath on each bronze base.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Circa late 19th century 1880's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Natural charming wear patination to the bronze ormolu, some tiny minor chips to the cut glass inside sconces also an historic old stem repair to one of the cut glass sconce bases has been made commensurate with usage & old age. 1 is half a centimetre taller then the other so you are aware.
- For customer support please send us a message.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery as if you order 2 or more listings we can offer you extra discount happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres each approximate
12.99" High (33cm) 13.18" High (33.5cm)
4.72" Depth of base (12cm)
4.6" Width of base (11.7cm)