Cheshire Antiques Consultant
French Bronze Lioness Hunting Prey Buffalo Sculpture After Georges Gardet
Prezzo di listino $745.00
Spese di spedizione calcolate al momento del pagamento.
- 1 Fiercely elegant, this French bronze lioness sculpture is ready to pounce on her prey - and your decor! Capturing the timeless power of Georges Gardet’s design, this stunning piece is sure to take your interior to the next level. Roar-some!.
- In the style similar to after Georges Gardet.
- Finest handmade cast bronze.
- Beautifully detailed set on a stunning marble base.
- Indistinctly stamped signed by the maker.
- Bought from a private seller in Paris France.
- Having a beautiful patina.
- Circa late 20th century 1990's.
- Georges Gardet was born in Paris, France, on October 11th 1863 and died in 1939.
- A highly talented sculptor, Gardet first began his sculpting career studying and working with his father, Joseph.
- He is considered by many as the finest animal sculptor of the late Animalier period.
- He was heavily influenced by the works of Emmanuel Fremiet, whom Gardet studied under at the Ecole des Beaux Arts. Gardet was fascinated by big game animals and his detailed treatment of these subjects is reflected in all his sculptures.
- Heavy quality weight 8 to 9kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor chips, wear, various dust, stains commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx
11.25" High (29cm)
7" Wide (18cm)
13.25" Length (34cm