19th Century Hunting 2 Pointer Dogs Oil Painting By Colin Graeme Roe
This authentic 19th Century Hunting 2 Pointer Dogs Oil Painting By Colin Graeme Roe is an exquisite work of art! Capturing the grace and beauty of two pointer dogs in vivid detail, this oil painting is a stunning conversation starter and a must-have addition to any home. Get ready to be amazed.Title 2 Pointer Gun Dogs in Scottish Highlands.
- Subject beautiful portrait in side profile of 2 hunting animal pointer dogs they are pointing to the direction of the prey in side profile, 1 is a lighter brown and white and the other dark brown and white in colours, half length facing right. Set in Scottish moor countryside landscape, with views of the moors and Highland hills and mountains in the background , in the lower foreground bottom you can see heather vegetation
- A great example of the animals breed.
- Oil on Winsor & Newton board.
- A nice easy to display size with the frame being 36 cm high and 31 cm wide.
- Signed lower corner by the worldwide familiar artist Colin Graeme Roe 1858-1910 who was British from the United Kingdom.
- He was notorious for his superb portrayal of scenes of animals in the Scottish Highlands.
An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a traditional stylish later gilt gesso decorative frame.
- Circa late 19th century Victorian era.
- Provenance from a fine auction in the Shires.
- Artist biography.
- Colin Graeme Roe's paintings have sold around the world in many auctions on many occasions with prices which can fetch up to 14,223 USD. This is such a fine painted example of his work.
- Reference sources Christies, mutualart, Bonhams.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having some foxing stains, minor paint loss in places. Set in impressive decorative later gilt gesso frames which have general wear, scuffs, cracking, minor chips commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
High (36 cm)
Wide (31 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (5 cm