Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Art Nouveau Loetz Art Glass Round Gilt Floral Trinket Box
Prezzo di listino $1,641.00
Spese di spedizione calcolate al momento del pagamento.
- This antique Art Nouveau trinket jewellery box features round Loetz Art Glass with a gilt floral design. The glistening glass makes an exquisite display piece and has a delightful tactile feel. A wonderful addition to any collection. Marvel at this a stunning work of art hand-crafted with absolute precision. Don't settle for anything less than the beauty and elegance of this remarkable trinket box!
Made from the finest quality glass.
- Lidded with ormolu inner rim & clasp.
- A feature thats really stands out is the fantastic yellow colour & gilt ormolu floral garland decoration flourishes.
- Unsigned but this piece is original & made by Loetz.
- Circa Art Nouveau early 20th century.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Provenance bought from a fine art glass dealer in Lancashire.
- The name Lötz comes from a man who apparently had very little to do with glass, Johann Lötz. Some time after he died in 1844, his wife Suzanna remarried, to Dr. Franz Gerstner.
- In 1851, the bought the Klastersky Mlyn glassworks, which was originally founded in 1836 by Johann Baptist Eisner von Eisenstein, in the town of Klostermuhle, south Bohemia.
- The name of the factory was changed to Johann Lötz Witwe, which means "the widow of Johann Lötz".
- This was shortened to Lötz, and around the turn of the century was anglicized to Loetz.
- Susanna's grandson Max Ritter von Spaun took over the company in 1879, and a year later hired Eduard Prochaska as director.
- Production moved from domestic utility glass to luxury glass, and in 1895, inspired by Tiffany, Loetz began to make Art Nouveau style glassware with an iridescent lustre finish, for which Loetz is so well known today.
- The Loetz glassworks closed in 1947.
- Condition report.
- Offered in rather fine used condition
- Having some noticeable stains wear and some scratches commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Length depth of lid top (12.5cm)
Width of the base (14cm)