Huge British Marine Painting Titanic Passenger Liner Ship Sailing Day
- 1 Fine Huge British Work of Art 20th Century Marine Painting Titanic Liner Ship Sailing.
- Subject side profile view magnificent maritime seascape view of the worlds most famous passenger liner ill fated ship Titanic.
- Title "Titanic Sailing Day"
- In the foreground your focus is first drawn to the impressive rippling sea, then to the yacht which is sailing along the Titanic in the opposite direction with seagulls flying overhead. Then the main view of the historic ship Titanic that is steaming along on its maiden voyage, with smoke coming out of its 4 funnels, with figures of passengers on deck, White Star line flag is flying on the stern mast, to the left in the background are 2 sailing boats in the distance, to the right you can make out a further steamer ship by the horizon, overhead with a beautiful mainly blue sky with some clouds overhead.
- Such attention to detail to the rigging, portholes & ship structure incredible.
- Impressive size being 129cm wide and 94cm high.
- Medium oil gouache with front protective glass cover.
- Signed in the bottom corner by the known British artist Adrian C Rigby born in 1962.
- A successful artist, born in Lancashire and studied at Blackpool College of Art he is equally at home using watercolour, oils or acrylic. His subjects are varied and his wildlife paintings are exceptional. Exhibited widely his work is very popular and collectable.
- Rigby maritime work began when his Aviation publishers came to his home to collect a piece for reproduction and noticed my painting of Titanic in the studio. They became very interested and took it away with them. The rest as they say is history. The painting was called 'Last Sunset' and was produced as an open print. It is now a top selling print and is still being produced today. This success brought four more prints, this time as limited editions.
- An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a a very ornate original gilt frame.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Provenance gallery label verso.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the maritime scenery subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in excellent order. The frame is in good overall order having only some general wear and some small chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (5cm)