Equine Limited Edition Print Cornishman Horse "World Champions" Signed S L Crawford
This one stunning limited edition print of the Cornishman Horse "World Champions" is signed by renowned equine artist, S.L. Crawford. A highly collectible and decorative piece, it captures the beauty of these renowned horses and makes the perfect addition to any home.
- Medium coloured print on paper, limited edition numbered 64 out of 500.
- So collectible equestrian interesting print especially as its low edition number.
- Title "World Champions".
- Subject traditional English sporting world famous horse Cornishman ridden by Mary Gordon Watson as World Champion in 1975.
- Having such beautiful loving caring detail to both the horse and rider.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1976.
- Signed in pencil by the famous artist S L Crawford.
- Published by The British Equestrian Olympic Fund Committee, printed in England by W R Royle & Son Ltd.
- Susan Crawford was born in Scotland in 1941 and was brought up on a farm in East Lothian where her parents bred and trained racehorses. She was educated at St Denis School, Edinburgh and at Priorsfield, Godalming, before studying classical drawing for two years at Studio Simi in Florence.
- In 1967 she went to Ireland for a few days and stayed for almost two years, thereby kicking off her professional career as an equestrian artist.
- On returning to London she bought a studio and started getting private commissions to paint a number of famous racehorses and several royal portraits. She has to date painted 22 Derby winners. Her first joint exhibition was with the Tryon Gallery in 1969, where she sold all her pictures on the opening night.
- The quality and distinction of her work, effectively reflecting the influence of Stubbs, has assured her recognition as one of the most accomplished sporting artists of her era.
- Her works have been exhibited at the Royal Scottish Academy, The National Portrait Gallery, The Royal Academy of Arts, The Queen’s Gallery, The Victoria & Albert Museum, The Royal Society of Portrait Painters, The National Horseracing Museum Newmarket.
- Susan Crawford’s works show a deep love of horses and animals, together with a special sensitivity towards the human form and personality.
- Superb collectors item.
- Set in a original frame with protective glass front cover.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front picture surface is in overall good order, some foxing in places. The frame has some scuffs, stains & general wear in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate