Oil Painting Group 7 Gentlemen Together Game Bird Hunting Party Soup & Sherry
Step into the adventure of a lifetime with this one Oil Painting Group 7 Gentlemen Together Game Bird Hunting Party Soup & Sherry by Trevor Parkin. This stunning oil painting captures the excitement of the hunt, inviting you to join in the challenge! Dare to take the plunge into the time-honoured tradition of game bird hunting.
- Title "Soup and Sherry" By Trevor Parkin.
- Subject shooting hunting scene of a large group of sporting hunting gentlemen on a cold autumn morning before the days pheasant hunt game shoot.
- In front full profile view, in total showing 7 significant British Gentlemen in the moors, all wearing traditional countryside hunting shooting clothing in green & olive Barbour coats, some wearing onion quilt sports hats & others tweed cap hats, all with brown trousers and most having green boots on, 1 is shown having low ankle boots on. With 2 loyal companion black hunting retriever dogs shown positioned on either flank 1 is sniffing the ground, 6 gentlemen are grouped together around an open back green off road defender car enjoying soup and sherry to warm themselves up before the begin the hunt. The 7th gentlemen is further back in the distance with another dog holding his gun. With large leafless autumn trees in the background set in open countryside moors, a walking track path is shown along the bottom, with mainly overcast sky with some light blue shining through.
- Oil on canvas.
- A nice size with the frame being 35 cm wide and 30 cm high.
- Set in a decorative traditional frame which enhances the painting.
- Artist biography Trevor Parkin is a known British artist who was born in the year 1935, he worked mainly with watercolours & gouaches also oils, he was a teacher & illustrator, Parkin was born in Derbyshire. He studied at the Derby School of Art & did solo exhibitions in the midlands & east Anglia. He loved to paint landscapes & sporting hunting scenes, provenance gallery label for The Mike Chambers Gallery verso
- Signed on the bottom right corner by the known British artist Trevor Parkin.
- This is in our opinion his finest work.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's
- Such a delightful sporting hunting scene to the eye a great conversation piece.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in very good overall order. Having some minor foxing staining in places. The frame has some losses, cracking, scuffs, scratches & general wear commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (30 cm)
Wide (35 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (4.5 cm)