Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Landscape Pastoral Boats Moored Heybridge Basin Canal By Graham Petley
Prezzo di listino $987.00
Spese di spedizione calcolate al momento del pagamento.
- This 1 original oil painting, titled "Heybridge Basin Canal," is a beautiful representation of pastoral life by renowned artist Graham Petley. The painting captures the tranquil atmosphere of the landscape, with boats moored in the background. It's a stunning piece of artwork sure to add class and sophistication to any space.
- Oil on canvas landscape signed by the famous listed English School Artist Graham Petley.
- Subject pastoral landscape representing the pleasant, traditional features of the countryside in Heybridge Basin Canal.
- So pleasing & relaxing scene to the eye.
- A fine example of his work.
- Born in Essex in 1944, Graham Petley was educated at the Headley Walter School in Brentwood, before studying Design at the South East Technical College.
- After working for a time as a window dresser and a deep sea fisherman, he opened an art gallery in Rayleigh in 1972 where he worked hard to promote several artists as well as his own work.
- In 1980 however, he decided to sell his business in order to concentrate on his paintings and since then he has exhibited widely across the country and abroad.
- Inspired by the changing seasons this renowned landscape artist captures the mood and poetry of the countryside.
- All the pastoral pleasures of the country's magical seasons are faithfully recorded and portrayed in his paintings.
- Rising early to catch the pearly light of dawn or lingering to witness the golden hues of dusk, Graham has captured the timeless charm of the countryside with breathtaking clarity.
- Graham Petley is one of Britain's foremost living landscape artists.
- A dedicated and life-long painter who has worked alongside the descendants of the great Impressionists and a former member of the Fine Art Trade Guild, London.
- Graham has been commissioned on several occasions by members of Middle Eastern Royal families and is regularly exhibited at London's leading galleries.
- His paintings are now collected throughout the world.
- This painting was exhibited at the Halcyon gallery label on the back.
- We only select & sell our paintings based on quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear and some minor chips cracking to the frame and some stains to the canvas surface in places commensurate with usage & age.
- Set in a beautiful gilt frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
25.98" High (66cm)
33.85" Width (86cm)
2" Length depth thickness of frame (5cm)