20th Century Studio Pottery Lamp Base By Bernard Rooke Ceramicist
- 1 Vintage Original 20th Century Studio Pottery Lamp Base By Bernard Rooke Ceramicist.
- Relief moulded with bladed steps and naturalistic tube and ring handles.
- Beautifully made.
- With incised mark bear the bottom with the initials BR for Bernard Rooke.
- Bernard Rooke (born 1938) is a British artist and studio potter. Rooke has exhibited his "Brutalist" ceramics and painting both in the UK and abroad with work in many collections both public and private including the Victoria and Albert Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art, Nuffield Foundation, Paisley Museum and Art Galleries, Leicester Museum, Buckinghamshire County Museum, Röhsska Museum in Sweden and the Trondheim Kunstmuseum in Norway.
- His work has become sought after at auction houses in the UK and USA.
- It weighs around 1 kg approximate.
- Made from ceramic pottery.
- With beautiful patina.
- It would make a fabulous gift.
- Provenance bought from our of a fine antiques auction interiors sale in Worcestershire.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with scuffs scratches wear marks commensurate with usage & age.
- It will need a new bayonet bulb and also to be wired by an electrician to make it work and functional.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx
8.26" High (21cm)
4.72" Width (12cm)
8.26 Length depth of bottom base(6.5cm)