Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique 19th Century Qing Dynasty Guangxu Period Chinese Blue White Tulips Vase
Buy Now £1950 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Exceptional fine beautiful original vintage antique 19th century late Qing Dynasty Guangxu Period Chinese blue and white glazed porcelain tulip bulb tulipieres vase.
- Late Qing Dynasty Guangxu period.
- Modelled like five adjoining Chinese baluster vases, this tulip vase is typically decorated with stylised foliage in blue and white glazes.
- Decorated with such wonderful birds and floral arrangements throughout this stunning collectors piece.
- The hexafoil bulbous body with five apertures and a tall central stem with a garlic bulb top within lappet borders.
- Circa late 19th century.
- Origin from China.
- No makers stamp.
- The Guangxu Emperor (14 August 1871 – 14 November 1908), personal name Zaitian, was the eleventh Emperor of the Qing dynasty, and the ninth Qing emperor to rule over China proper.
- His reign lasted from 1875 to 1908, but in practice he ruled, without Empress Dowager Cixi's influence, only from 1889 to 1898.
- He initiated the Hundred Days' Reform, but was abruptly stopped when the empress dowager launched a coup in 1898, after which he was put under house arrest until his death.
- His regnal name, "Guangxu", means "glorious succession".
- A tulipiere or tulip-holder is an ornate vessel in which to grow tulips in.
- Constructed to accommodate one bulb per spout with a larger common water reservoir base.
- Such pieces were made for the Dutch market and adorned the grandest rooms in noble and wealthy merchant houses as vessels for rare and exotic flowers.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some wear, pitting, scratches in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimension in centimetres approximate
11cm Width at the base
17cm Width at widest point
16cm Length depth