Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Fine Art Painting Title "The Portrait" Home Interior Scene Listed Paul Darby
BUY NOW £2465 FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Fine Art Painting Title "The Portrait" Home Interior Scene Signed Listed Paul Darby.
- Subject home interior scene titled The Portrait"
- Acylic on paper with glass protective front cover.
- Distinctly signed by the listed world famous artist Paul Darby.
- Paul Darby born in Birmingham England in 1964 began his artistic apprenticeship as student of painting for two years and then decided to evolve freely.
- He is passionate about painting and the way that it can move people on an emotional level. I hope that when people look at my work they can feel through the line colour and form that which cannot be written but truly felt.
- Space light and colour are important elements that inspire me. My early life was spent in Jamaica in the early 1980s where I was surrounded by vibrant vivid colour. This has influenced how I see colour through out my life.
- I try to see everything around me with new eyes and then feel what I see when I paint. I find that each time I paint I put my own personal view on the world.
I have explored different styles of representation and my quest for this has taken me far and wide. I have travelled around Europe, Jamaica, Mexico, Nepal and India and many more. T
- he changing cultures and atmospheres presented different challenges and demanded different techniques of representation. From the journeys to Nepal and the east I produced an evocative visual diary on handmade paper and further produced detailed paintings of indigenous people.
- Photographs I took in the Himalayas resulted in a book the Himalayan connection. I have always sought inspiration in what and whom I see around me, this is a glimpse into my own personal world.
- I have found feelings and emotions produce new ways of seeing and this for me strongly influences the colours that I use.
- This is evident in my interior series of paintings where I explored spatial ideas and colour that charges these intimate spaces.
I presently live between Spain and England, I find I am attracted to the sun and warmth of southern Europe, the strong undiluted being a constant inspiration as well as the people and landscape.
- I have always had a great interest in a range of artists from Rembrandt to Van Gogh to Matisse and Picasso and American abstraction of the 70s in particular Alexander Liberman.
- I continue to observe explore and represent a changing three dimensional world through which we move and by which I am strongly moved.
- Having such impeccable beautifullly controlled brush work.
- We only select & sell fine quality oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A superb artwork collectors item with great investment potential.
- We understand your purchase is for your home and as an investment.
- Set in beautiful silver frame.
- Reference sources for the artist Saatchi art.
- Label code verso 0547.
- Provenance bought from a fine antiques interiors art auction in Macclesfield sale on 16th December 2020 lot 500.
- Just over 5kg unwrapped weight approximate.
- With a hanging thread fitted on the back ready for immediate home display.
- This lot qualifies for artist resale rights.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor stains to the painting surface, also some stains to the glass and some scratches, with some scuffs scratches wear to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a qoute.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or moe items we can offer you extra discount happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
26.77" High (68cm)
28.74" Wide (73cm)
1.18" Depth of frame (3cm)
1.18" Depth of frame (3cm)