Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Railway Train Engine Princess Margaret 4056 Signed Ken Allsebrook
BUY NOW £925 FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Fine 20th Century English Original Art Oil Painting Railway Steam EWR Locomotive Train Transport Engine Princess Margaret 4056.
- Original work of art.
- Set in a nice attractive gilt frame.
- A great transport subject of a well known old train numbered 1001.
- A study of a Star Class locomotive 4-6-0 4056 Princess Margaret in shed yard at Old Oak Common.
- An outstanding design of the period, this remained the basis for all larger G.W.R engines through to Castles & Kings. This particular engine being in the 15 emerging from Swindon during 1914, all of which carried the name of Princess. No 4056 was fitted with elbow outside steam pipes in 1949.
- It was the last of the class to be withdrawn in October 1957 and amassed the highest mileage at over two million miles.
- This painting is of exceptional quality.
- Signed by the accomplished railway English artist Ken Allsebrook.
- Provenance bought from the contents of Tower House, country home & interiors collectors auction sale Bamfords.
- Reference online source Wawickshirerailways, Birmingham Snow Hill - British Railways Period Locomotives: gwrbsh1301.
- Oil on canvas.
- Circa late century 20th dated 1985.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some scuffs, scratches, wear marks to the frame also having noticeable foxing to the back of the canvas with dust commensurate with usage & age.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approx
27.55" High (70cm)
31.49" Wide (80cm)
1" Depth (2.5cm)
1" Depth (2.5cm)