Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair English Sheffield Cherub Silver Champagne Wine Ice Liners Cooler Vases
BUY NOW £2698
- 1 Pair Magnificent English Sheffield Silver In The Neoclassical Style Putti Champagne Wine Drinks Ice Cooler Vases After Paul Storr.
- In the style of the silversmith After Paul Storr.
- Paul Storr baptised 28 October 1770 in London – 18 March 1844 in London was an English goldsmith and silversmith working in the Neoclassical and other styles during the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.
- He was England's most celebrated silversmith during the first half of the nineteenth century, his legacy lives on today.
- His pieces historically and currently adorn royal palaces and the finest stately homes throughout Europe and the world.
- Storr's reputation rests on his mastery of the grandiose neo-Classical style developed in the Regency period.
- He quickly became the most prominent silversmith of the nineteenth century. Producing much of the silver purchased by King George III and King George IV.
- Love the pair, museum grand tour highest quality.
- Made from silver plate on heavy base metal.
- Having magnificent Putti cherub figurines on the base.
- With acanthus foliage & grape decorations frieze all around in raised low relief.
- Featuring original green rock crystal domed shaped liners, heavy quality.
- Each champagne cooler together with liner weigh over 4kg total combined unwrapped weight under 10kg.
- Ideal statement piece for display or use in your home dining room, kitchen or commercial restaurant, pub, bar, hotel golf country club, wedding venue event function business.
- Sheffield silver plate stamp hallmarked underneath for H BROS S.
- Fit for Royalty.
- Amazing centrepieces.
- Hand made in England very finest silversmith craftsmanship at its best.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in overall fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, stains in places commensurate with usage & age.
- The liners fit perfectly, with some imperfections to the rock crystal shapes as they are not perfectly round commensurate to being handmade see picture 5. Provenance bought from out of an incredible stately home private collection in Shropshire.
- The elderly gentleman owner advised it was given to him as a retirement present.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Worldwide international shipping is available please ask for a shipping price.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
11.81" High each (30cm)
9.45" Width of the glass liner each (24.cm)
8.27 Length depth of the base at deepest point each (21cm)