Rare Vintage Model Toy Original Chad Valley Green Cannon Artillery On Wheels
- 1 Fine Small English Rare Model Toy Original Chad Valley Green Cannon Artillery On Wheels.
- Handmade from wood with bakelite plastic wheels.
- With original hand painted green paint.
- A feature that stands out are the black wheels which are so cool.
- You will also adore the 6 hand carved wooden shells stored in the back.
- Fully functional model toy with spring loader at the back, that you pull back and release to fire, you load 1 of the wooden shells down the front barrel.
- Chad Valley the company has its roots in a printing business established by Anthony Bunn Johnson in Birmingham in the early 19th century.
- Under the management of his son Joseph and grandson Alfred the company moved to the suburb of Harborne, in the valley of a stream called the Chad Brook, giving its name to the Chad Valley district, from which the company name is derived.
Chad Valley made a decision to expand their range to soft toys before World War I. They mass-produced their new Teddy bears in Harborne.
In 1938 the company received a royal warrant as 'Toymakers to H.M. The Queen.
- Chad Valley are now owned by Sainsburys.
- This will make such a wonderful Christmas gift for the Chad Valley toy collecter.
- Having the makers name Chad Valley stamped on the wheels also original label on the back
- Circa mid 20th century.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Condition report.
- Offered in overall fine used worn charming condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, stain marks, loss of paint and some chips in places commensurate with usage and age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Checkout our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you extra discount happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres approx
15.5 cm High
28cm Length depth