Cheshire Antiques Consultant
French Bronze Lioness Hunting Prey Buffalo Sculpture After Georges Gardet
Regular price £600.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £600
- 1 Fine Vintage Bronze Lioness Hunting Prey Water Buffalo Display Sculpture Signed After Georges Gardet Marble Base.
- In the style similar to after Georges Gardet.
- Finest handmade cast bronze.
- Beautifully detailed set on a stunning marble base.
- Indistinctly stamped signed by the maker.
- Bought from a private seller in Paris France.
- Having a beautiful patina.
- Circa late 20th century 1990's.
- Georges Gardet was born in Paris, France, on October 11th 1863 and died in 1939.
- A highly talented sculptor, Gardet first began his sculpting career studying and working with his father, Joseph.
- He is considered by many as the finest animal sculptor of the late Animalier period.
- He was heavily influenced by the works of Emmanuel Fremiet, whom Gardet studied under at the Ecole des Beaux Arts. Gardet was fascinated by big game animals and his detailed treatment of these subjects is reflected in all his sculptures.
- Heavy quality weight 8 to 9kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor chips, wear, various dust, stains commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx
11.25" High (29cm)
7" Wide (18cm)
13.25" Length (34cm