Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Large Fine Louis XVI Style Gilt Ormolu Marquetry Boulle Mantle Clock
Regular price £1,295.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1650
- 1 Large Vintage Fine Quality Louis XVI Style Gilt Ormolu Marquetry Boulle Mantle Display Clock.
- Highest quality having a German 8 Day striking movement & pendulum.
- Engraved inside on the back of the movement 151-80, 21 cm-148. Heavy fine quality clock unwrapped weight under 5kg.
- Adorned with the finest acanthus & floral gilt bronze ormolu flourishes.
- Roman numeral brass & enamel dial with an ornate protective glass face cover.
- Most impressive clock a statement piece for your home or office. Strikes chimes on the half hour and on the hour.
- The clock case was made in Italy.
- It is an 8 day clock which means you need to wind it once every 8 days approximate.
- To wind it requires only 2 turns of the key, winding hole is located on the face of the clock on the left side.
- Comes with winding key.
- Set in a boulle veneer rich marquetry cartouche inlaid case.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in overall fine used condition.
- The clock is not in full working order as the chime does not work and the clock stops regularly due to being overwound the mechanism needs to be repaired, cleaned and serviced.
- Having some noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, stains in places commensurate with usage & age.
- We recommend that the clock is given a service by a professional clocksmith.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message.
- You can arrange your own courier or collect in person cash on collection.
- We offer exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
18.30" High (46.5cm)
9.05" Width at widest point (23cm)
4.72" Length depth of the base at deepest point (12cm)