English Victorian Oil Painting "The Loyal Sentinel" Dog Guarding Child
Buy Now £2500
- 1 Fine Art Antique Victorian 19th Century English School Oil Painting "The Loyal Sentinel" Dog Guarding Sleeping Child.
- Subject titled "The Loyal Sentinel" Dog on chair standing guarding a sleeping child.
- So collectible.
- Oil on canvas, set in a fine gilt frame
- Circa 19th century Victorian era.
- English school.
- Inscribed verso to stretcher 'Best Bed'.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Provenance bought from a fine art antique auction sale.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the animal subject matter such elaborate detail.
- The brushwork is of highest exceptional quality.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- There is some paint cracking in places.There is some restoration at the bottom edge of the painting, some paint loss, minor splits and some corner restoration.There is general wear and chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
High 11.81" (30cm)
Wide 9.84" (25cm)
Depth thickness of frame 1.18" (3cm)