Cheshire Antiques Consultant
19th Century Pastoral Oil Painting Matterhorn Aosta Valley After François Diday
Regular price £1,595.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1595 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Antique 19th Century Original Italian Pastoral Fine Art Oil On Canvas Painting Matterhorn Mountain Shepherd With Flock After Francois Diday.
- Oil on canvas painting.
- Subject depicting a shepherd with his flock in the Aosta valley landscape.
- Set in a gilt frame.
- Unknown unsigned old master artist.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- The Matterhorn is a mountain of the Alps, straddling the main watershed and border between Switzerland and Italy.
- It is a large, near-symmetrical pyramidal peak in the extended Monte Rosa area of the Pennine Alps.
- Whose summit is 4,478 metres high, making it one of the highest summits in the Alps and Europe.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having had various noticeable patch repairs to the canvas as shown, various craquelure cracking to canvas, scuffs, scratches, and stains also to the frame consummate with usage & old age.
- A superb investment.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 19th century.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approx
32" High (81cm)
39" Wide (99cm)