British 19th Century Oil Painting Bay Hunter Horse With Dog In Stable
- 1 Fine Mid 19th Century Antique Work of Art Equine Oil Painting Sporting Bay Hunter Horse With Seated Dog In Stable Signed J Harris.
- Subject study of a bay hunter horse With a sitting dog in stable, showing side profile, horse facing left and the dog looking to the right.
- Oil on canvas.
- Signed in black in the bottom corner by the British artist J Harris.
- An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a very ornate traditional stylish gilt frame.
- Circa mid 19th century dated 1862.
- Provenance purchased from a fine antique art auction label verso.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of animal subject matter such elaborate detail of the breeds.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having various craquelure & some paint loss in place, some the painting has signs of being repaired in several places, with some overpainting touch ups to the horses head & canvas has been relined. Set in fine gilt wood frame which has general wear, scuffs, some chips, cracking commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (6cm)