4 Antique Chinese Silver Plate Zu Yin Hallmarked Scroll Weight Plaques Guangxu
- Set Fine 4 Antique Chinese Silver Plate Zu Yin Hallmarked Scroll Weight Plaques.
- Beautifully made.
- On the front features different pictorial scenes on each of flowers, vases, foliae, stands & geometric shapes.
- Each one is hallmarked with the Zu Yin character marks on the back.
- Circa early 20th century 1900, Guangxu period era.
- A feature that stands out and you adore is the realistic intricate detail which is exceptional.
- Total combined weight just over 900 grams alltogether.
- Made from Chinese silver plate over base metal with beautiful patina.
- The Guangxu Emperor (14 August 1871 – 14 November 1908), personal name Zaitian, was the tenth Emperor of the Qing dynasty, and the ninth Qing emperor to rule over China proper.
- His reign lasted from 1875 to 1908, but in practice he ruled, without Empress Dowager Cixi's influence, only from 1889 to 1898. He initiated the Hundred Days' Reform, but was abruptly stopped when the empress Dowager launched a coup in 1898, after which he became powerless and was held under house arrest until his death.
- His regnal name, "Guangxu", means "glorious succession".They would make a fabulous collectors gift.
- Provenance bought from a private collection.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with various wear, stains, scuffs, scratches marks commensurate with usage & old age.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx
5.80" High (14.75cm)
1.77" Width (4.5cm)
0.19 Depth thickness of each (0.5cm)