Art Nouveau 925 Silver Gilt Enamel Viking Ship Brooch Gustav Gaudernack
This beautiful antique brooch features exclusive Gustav Gaudernack Art Nouveau crafts in 925 silver gilt and enamel. With an intricate Viking ship design, this exquisite piece is sure to make a statement. One-of-a-kind brooch. Own a piece of history with this stunning Gustav Gaudernack design, Are you ready to bring vintage glamour to your wardrobe?
- Exceptional quality.
- Distinctly initial stamped signed on the back by maker Gustav Gaudernack.
- Circa late 19th century,1890's
- Handmade from 925 Norwegian silver.
- Gustav Gaudernack (1865-1914) is one of the greats, considered as Norway's leading Art Nouveau goldsmith master craftsmanship finest jewellery makers.
- He was born in Bohemia and studied glassmaking and enamelling in Vienna, before moving to Kristiania (now Oslo) in 1891.
- From 1892 to 1910 he was the leading designer at David-Andersen where his work included plique á jour of extraordinary quality.
- In 1910 he opened his own workshop producing Art Nouveau enamel jewellery.
- He died tragically just 4 years later after a failed appendectomy, however the business did continue for a while under the direction of his widow and sons.
- The detail is incredible on this 20mm silver gilt enamel brooch.
- This brooch is somewhat different to Gaudernack's usual objects of beauty.
- It sought me out some years ago, because, after reading Hamlet's Mill, I'd become interested in Nordic Mythology.
- Gaudernack was certainly familiar with the Nordic myths from his time at David-Andersen, where one of their staples was was archaeological revival pieces.
- A superb item with great investment potential.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having charming wear patina commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Checkout our other exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimension in centimetres
Size 2cm in width