Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique French Louis XVI Style Bombe Marquetry Marble Top Canted Credenza
Regular price £2,500.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Buy Now £2500
- 1 Antique French In The Louis XVI Style Bombe Marquetry Tulipwood Marble Top Credenza Chest drawers.
- Having such a fine beautiful desirable bombe curved shape.
- With sumptuous canted corners on the front.
- Adorned with gilt ormolu fixtures to the feet, handles also central key escutcheon.
- Museum quality having 3 graduated drawers with ample storage.
- This is very heavy made from solid old oak wood with pine lined drawers & tulipwood marquetry veneer finish.
- Amazing marquetry detail of flowers & foliage decorations.
- A solid very heavy multi coloured carrara marble top in pinks,purples & honey gold colours.
- Marble top is chip free & it lifts off for ease of shipping.
- It came from out of a fine stately home near London.
- A grandeur focal point for your home or a hotel.
- The top drawer is lockable, however the ormolu key as seen is now not included as its gone missing.
- All drawers open & close fine.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- Having some imperfections with being handmade & usage with age.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Ideal if you love the used worn look.
- Having some noticeable small veneer pieces missing from under drawers & sides & some small veneer pieces lifting up, some water stains & wear marks commensurate with usage & age. Some polish wear to marble top.
- The ormolu key has gone missing, though all drawers open. Vases not included.
- International shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Vases as seen are not included.
Dimensions In Inches & Centimetres Approx
34.75" High (88cm)
49" Length of top (124cm)
21" Depth of top (55cm)
43.5" Width at central widest point leg hip to hip (110cm)