Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Victorian Style Marine Oil Painting Clipper Tall Scottish Ship Sailing Sound Of Jura
Regular price £1,250.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1250 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Fine Art Victorian Style 20th Century Marine Nautical Oil Painting Clipper Tall Scottish Ship Sailing Sound Of Jura After George Chambers.
- Subject maritime seascape sailing tall Clipper ship sailing on Scottish high seas.
- With flocks of birds above in the sky & 2 smaller sailing boats in the background.
- Indistinct monogrammed signed by an unknown artist believed to read HAW.
- Oil on canvas in the style of after George Chambers.
- Using a photorealism style of painting with extreme accuracy in its execution with beautifully controlled brush work.
- The sea looks so realistic it feels like you can actually feel the choppy sea.
- Approx unwrapped weight just under 5kg.
- We only sell fine quality oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A superb collectors item.
- Set in a beautiful gilt wood gesso plaster frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa early 20th century 1900's.
- Condiiton report offered in fine charming used condition.
- Having noticeable foxing craquelure stain marks & an indentation mark to the canvas in places commensurate with usage & age.
- It could do with a with a professional clean.
- Various cracking, wear, scuffs, scratches, stains to the gilt frame.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
31" High (79cm)
42" Wide (107cm)