Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Old Oil Canvas Painting Historic Tudor Manor House Little Moreton Hall
Regular price £450.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
OIL ON CANVAS PAINTING HISTORIC 16TH CENTURY TUDOR MANOR HOUSE LITTLE MORETON HALL CONGLETON
(Please Quote Ref number 800002539)
BUY NOW £450
BUY NOW £450
- 1 Oil On Canvas Painting Historic 16th Century Tudor Manor House Little Moreton Hall Congleton.
- Original finework of art set in a gilt wooden frame.
- This painting is of exceptional quality, having an exceptional vibrant use of colours.
- With very fine skilled use of brush strokes a tremendous masterpiece executed oil painting.
- Little Moreton Hall, also known as Old Moreton Hall. It is a moated half-timbered manor house 4.5 miles southwest of Congleton in Cheshire, England.
- The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner William Moreton in about 1504–08.
- The remainder was constructed in stages by successive generations of the family until about 1610.
- The building is highly irregular,with three asymmetrical ranges forming a small, rectangular cobbled courtyard.
- A National Trust guidebook describes Little Moreton Hall as being "lifted straight from a fairy story, a gingerbread house.
- The house's top-heavy appearance, "like a stranded Noah's Ark", Is due to the Long Gallery that runs the length of the south range's upper floor.
- The house remained in the possession of the Moreton family for almost 450 years.
- Until ownership was transferred to the National Trust in 1938.
- Little Moreton Hall and its sandstone bridge across the moat, are recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building.
- Circa of the oil painting early 20th century dated 1908 Edwardian era.
- Provenance bought from out of fine country home in Cheshire.
- Signed by the artist W Hollies.
- This is such a magnificent oil painting the artist has all of the quality of a master.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various scuffs,scratches, stains and old repairs to frame commensurate with usage & age.
- Canvas has a couple very small holes.
- With hanging thread on the back ready to display.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approx
21.75" High (55cm)
15.5" Wide (39.5cm)