Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique 19th Century Silver Vesta Green Man Case By William Comyns & Son London
Regular price £395.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Buy Now £395
- 1 Original Antique Victorian 19th Century Sterling Silver Vesta Green Man Repousse Match Box Case By William Comyns & Son.
- Handmade by the world renowned famous William Comyns in fine repousse chased relief, having the green man face on the front with birds decorations.
- English sterling hallmarks on the back with W.C.
- William Comyns were the best silversmith firm in London at that time.
- This prestigious firm of manufacturing silversmiths was originally established by William Comyns in circa 1859.
- When he purchased the business of Robert Tagg, an outworker of Rundell, Bridge & Co. William Comyns, silversmith. subsequently moved to 1 Percy Mews, Rathbone Place, then to 16 Silver Street, Golden Square, Soho, and to Beak Street, Regent Street.
- Additional premised were taken from circa 1903 at 54 Marshall Street, Soho.
- The firm became William Comyns & Son in circa 1885 when sons Charles and Richard were admitted to the partnership.
- William Comyns died in January 1916.
- It is now one of the few surviving manufacturing silversmiths in London, with premises at Tower Street, London.
- Beautifully handmade.
- Made from solid silver encasing a cardboard matchbox case inside that slides out.
- Superb collectors item.
- Provenance we enclose a picture shown of a sterling hallmark chart proving the maker is Williams Comyns & Son.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having various noticeable dents, scratches & various wear, stain marks to the cardboard matchbox commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting shop listings available happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx
1" High (2.5cm)
2" Width (5cm)
3" Length (7.5cm)