Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Victorian Silver Plate Rams Head Animal Bust Inkwell After John Grinsell
Regular price £850.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £850 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Rare Antique Victorian 19th Century Silver Plate Rams Head Animal Bust Inkwell After John Grinsell.
- The inkwell is unsigned no maker's mark but we suspect its by a silversmith in the style of after John Grinsell.
- This is a superb quality silver plated inkwell from the second half of the 19th century.
- Modelled as a Ram's head, the repousse detail of the animal's face, horns and fur is amazing highest quality.
- Victorian workmanship at its very best.
- It sits on a circular base all made as one piece.
- The hinged lid opens to reveal a ceramic pottery liner ink chamber within.
- The ceramic pottery liner is not original to the well as its a replacement, it is very slightly too small, though it still fits.
- Located on the back of the right hand side ear carries to the back a diamond registration mark, which gives a date of October 1874.
- Weight is 1035 grammes unpacked approximate.
- Circa late 19th century dated 1874.
- Having beautiful natural aged patina.
- Fully functional
- Condition report offered in fine old used worn condition.
- Noticeable wear, stains, scratches & 2 small pin prick holes in the silver plate base commensurate with old age.
- Tiny chip on ceramic liner.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
5.25" High (13cm)
7.25" Length of base (18cm)
6.5" Width from horn to horn (16.5cm)