Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Artwork Oil Painting Classic Car 1913 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost After Don Cameron
Regular price £1,985.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Buy Now £1985 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Vintage Exclusive Artwork Late 20th Century Oil Painting Portrait Classic Car 1913 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Automobile.
- Subject transportation portrait classic car iconic brand Rolls Royce 40.50 Silver Ghost.
- In the style of similar to after Don Cameron.
- Distinctly signed by an English school artist S.M.A. Bowers. Beautifully controlled brush work.
- This is so sought after by Rolls Royce enthusiasts.
- Oil on canvas board.
- The Rolls Royce Silver Ghost name refers both to a car model and one specific car from that series.
- Originally named the "40/50 h.p."
- The chassis was first made at Royce's Manchester works, with production moving to Derby in July 1908. Also between 1921 and 1926, in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Chassis no. 60551, registered AX 201, was the car that was originally given the name "Silver Ghost." Other 40/50 hp cars were also given names, but the Silver Ghost title was taken up by the press, and soon all 40/50s were called by the name, a fact not officially recognised by Rolls-Royce until 1925, when the Phantom range was launched.
- The Silver Ghost was the origin of Rolls-Royce's claim of making the "best car in the world" – a phrase coined not by themselves, but by the prestigious publication Autocar in 1907.
- An exciting delightful scene superb for classic car lovers collectors. Ideal for TV film studio, stage theatre prop shops.
- A wonderful talking point with your guests.
- Set in a rather fine original gilt frame.
- Our online gallery only selects & sell paintings based on quality & significance.
- We realise that your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with an exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1970.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable staining to the painting surface in places, with various wear scuffs, some chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available see our online shop gallery, we can offer you discount if you order 2 or more items happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approx
20.5" Wide (52cm)
14.56" High (37cm)