Antique Austrian Cold Painted Bronze Cobra Snake Pocket Watch Holder
This fun, antique Austrian Cold Painted Bronze Cobra Snake Pocket Watch Holder is sure to make a statement! Impress your friends with your reptilian accessory and never worry about misplacing that pocket watch - this slippery little guy's got your back. (Literally!)
- It is in the coiled position with its head fanned out and tongue extended, the tongue is long enough to hold your wrist watch or pocket watch.
- Having such beautiful detail you can see the scales on the snake.
- Superb quality.
- Highly sought after by collectors.
- Free standing.
- Please note that the wrist watch prop as seen in some pictures is not included.
- Such an exciting great conversation talking point to your guests.
- Origin from Austria.
- Having The Austria and Bergman foundry mark stamp on the lower side.
- Bergman was noted for his detail and colourful work, he signed with a letter B in an urn shaped cartouche.
- Cold-painted bronze' refers to pieces cast in Vienna and then decorated in several layers with so-called dust paint; the know-how for the mix of this kind of paint has been lost. The color was not fired hence 'cold painted'. The painting was carried out mainly by women working at home, a typical cottage industry. Reference source 1stdibs.
- Unwrapped weight just around 1.1kg approximate.
- Circa early 20th century 1900.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having charming natural aged wear patina commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Browse our exciting other Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres approximate
Width of base (8.5cm)
Length depth (20.5cm)