Beautiful Hand Painted 20th Century Heron Bird Sculpture
- 1 Beautiful 20th Century Heron Bird Sculpture.
- A feature that stands out are the vibrant colours.
- Free standing 32.cm tall.
- The herons are long-legged, long-necked, freshwater and coastal birds in the family Ardeidae, with 64 recognised species, some of which are referred to as egrets or bitterns rather than herons.
- Members of the genera Botaurus and Ixobrychus are referred to as bitterns, and, together with the zigzag heron, or zigzag bittern, in the monotypic genus Zebrilus, form a monophyletic group within the Ardeidae.
- Egrets do not form a biologically distinct group from herons, and tend to be named differently because they are mainly white or have decorative plumes in breeding plumage.
- Herons, by evolutionary adaptation, have long beaks.It has been very finely decorated so ornate you will love the detail.
- Beautifully handmade.
- It weighs just over 1 kg approximate.
- Made from light weight wood.
- It would make a fabulous gift.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- Circa late end of 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with some minor noticeable scuffs, scratches, wear, in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
12.79" High (32.5cm)
2.55" Width (6.5cm)
3.14" Length depth (8cm)