British Enamel Southern Railway Target Sign From Dover Priory Station
- 1 British 1940's Original Enamel Southern Railway Target Sign From Dover Priory Train Station.
- Here is your opportunity to own this exceptional so collectible sign.
- An impressive size being 84cm wide and 33cm high.
- Most Southern Railway stations has green and white enamel target signs which where mounted on stations lampposts, the unflanged signs where mounted on a wooden back board down the centre of the sign which was then attached to to the post or station buildings. Ref source railwayana.
- Circa late 1940s mid century.
- Made from enamel on metal back with a wooden board.
- Dover Priory railway station is the southern terminus of the South Eastern Main Line in England, and is the main station serving the town of Dover, Kent, the other open station being Kearsney, on the outskirts. It is 77 miles 26 chains (124.4 km) down the line from London Victoria. The station and all trains that serve the station are operated by Southeastern. This station is a 25 min walk away from the Ferry Port.
- Dover Priory opened on 22 July 1861 as the temporary terminus of the London, Chatham & Dover Railway (LCDR). It became a through station on 1 November 1861, with the completion of a tunnel through the Western Heights to gain access to the Western Docks area, where LCDR created Dover Harbour station. The station was known as Dover Town but was renamed in July 1863 (leading to rival SER to adopt the name for one of its Dover stations).
- So collectible highly sought after by railwaysign collectors.
- Provenance label verso.
- For use display indoors or outdoors.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old charming used worn patina condition.
- Having noticeable wear, scratches, scuffs, stains, enamel losses, commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres are approximate
Depth total thickness (2cm)