British Oil Painting Iris Flowers in Delft Vase Signed A L Grace
- Fine 20th Century Work of Art Oil Painting Still Life Iris Flowers in Delft Vase Signed A L Grace.
- Subject still life of a bouquet of flowers that are displayed in a beautiful blue Delft vase, which is standing on a round table with a light green linen cloth over it. A feature that really stands out is the exceptional detail to the vase. You can see a Dutch Windmill and buildings on the shoreline.
- Oil on canvas set in a gilt wood frame with the George Rowney & Co Ltd stamp verso.
- Artist biography A.L. Grace is a British painter 1867 to 1949.
- Alfred Lyndon Grace work has been offered at auction multiple times. He appeared in 1911 as a boarder at a school in Bournemouth, in the 1939 National Register which is now available online, he was listed as a Commercial Artist, living at 1 Stratford Studios, Kensington, London W.8 with his wife Kathleen M (nee Weeple), who he married that year.
- He was a well known Victorian artist in England. He painted cricket and fishing subjects, genre paintings, military subjects, still lifes, and animal pictures. He also painted playful pictures of religious figures engaged in casual day to day life.
- Grace was known to rarely date his works. The broader themes of his work had universal appeal to his Victorian audience, leading to demands to have his paintings transformed into engravings. These more affordable engravings were accessible to a larger audience.
- Provenance from a fine art & antiques dealer.
- Signed on the bottom corner by the known well listed British artist A L Grace.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye a great conversation piece.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Some paint loss in places, craquelure & scuffs also foxing to the canvas back. Set in fine gilt frame which has general wear, scratches to the frame in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (3cm)