British Rare Brass Famous Auctioneers Plaque Sign Christie's
- 1 Vintage British Original Rare Brass Famous Auctioneers Plaque Sign Christie's.
- Here is your unique opportunity to own this rare sign.
- Made from thin sheet brass.
- Featuring the world famous auction Christie's name that has been cut out of the brass.
- So collectible highly sought after by auctioneers, interior designers, museums & private collectors.
- Christie's is a British auction house founded in 1766 by James Christie. Its main premises are on King Street, St James's in London, at Rockefeller Center in New York City and at Alexandra House in Hong Kong. It is owned by Groupe Artémis, the holding company of François-Henri Pinault. Sales in 2015 totalled £4.8 billion (US$7.4 billion).In 2017, the Salvator Mundi was sold for $400 million at Christie's in New York, at the time the highest price ever paid for a single painting at an auction.
- The official company literature states that founder James Christie (1730–1803) conducted the first sale in London, England, on 5 December 1766, and the earliest auction catalogue the company retains is from December 1766. However, other sources note that James Christie rented auction rooms from 1762, and newspaper advertisements for Christie's sales dating from 1759 have also been traced. After his death, Christie's son, James Christie the Younger (1773–1831) took over the business.
- Locations In January 2009, Christie's had 85 offices in 43 countries, including New York City, Los Angeles, Paris, Geneva, Houston, Amsterdam, Moscow, Vienna, Buenos Aires, Berlin, Rome, South Korea, Milan, Madrid, Japan, China, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Tel Aviv, Dubai, and Mexico City, reference source wikipedia.
- Superb for a TV Film studio, theatre, stage, advert props shop.
- For use display indoors or outdoors.
- It has holes on the side edges for you to screw onto your wall.
- No screws are included.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old charming patina used well worn rusted condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scratches, scuffs, stains commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres are approximate
Depth thickness (0.1cm)