British Watercolour Bird Of Prey Peregrine Falcon By David Johnston
- Ornithological Interest 1 Fine Art 20th Century Watercolour Painting "Peregrine Falcon Study Signed David Johnston.
- Gouache Watercolour on paper with a front protective glass cover.
- Set in original traditional dark wooden frame.
- Subject Ornithological study of a Peregrine Falcon which is perched on a branch.
- The detail to this magnificent bird of prey is totally exceptional, the fathers & claws are outstanding.
- Signed by the famous listed known British artist David Johnston 1946-2019.
- David Johnston is a British Postwar & Contemporary artist who was born in 1946. David Johnston's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging up to $5,136 USD, depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Reference sources mutual art & Christie's.
- This lot qualifies for Artist Resale Rights.
- The colours are so bold and vibrant an exceptional most fine beautiful example of Johnston's work.
- The peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus), also known as the peregrine, and historically as the duck hawk in North America, is a cosmopolitan bird of prey (raptor) in the family Falconidae. A large, crow-sized falcon, it has a blue-grey back, barred white underparts, and a black head.
- The peregrine is renowned for its speed, reaching over 320 km/h (200 mph) during its characteristic hunting stoop (high-speed dive), making it the fastest bird in the world, as well as the fastest member of the animal kingdom. According to a National Geographic TV program, the highest measured speed of a peregrine falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph). As is typical for bird-eating raptors, peregrine falcons are dimorphic, with females being considerably larger than males.
- Circa late 20th century dated March 1970.
- Provenance bought from a fine art auction label verso.
- Highly sought after by CEO's, interior designers, museums, art gallerys, antique dealers, famous & private collectors, film tv studio prop shops.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread verso.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front painting surface is in good overall order with some foxing staining around the outer edge areas.
- The frame having some scuffs, general wear in places, scratches, minor chips & stains, commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate