British Work Of Art Watercolour Flock Of Summer Song Birds Gathered
- 1 Fine Original Large British Work Of Art Watercolour Flock Of Summer Song Birds Gathered Together.
- Subject a flock of various song birds gathered together, some are standing on the small stone pebble ground with others perched on branches facing each other, along with butterflies & snails in tall grass land landscape vegetation with floral suflowers and daisys also green leave foiage & tall grass in the background. Also a cobweb and ladybirds. Such an interesting unusual scene which is so enchanting.
- Title verso Summer Song Birds" number 1022.
- Watercolour on paper backed with board.
- Set in a traditional moulded frame.
- Circa late end of 20th century.
- This painting is signed Mark Chester.
- This is a very fine example of his work.
- Provenance from a Fine Art auction lot 143 label verso.
- Mark Chester British artist born 1960 has had a lifelong interest in natural history and from and early age he painted and sketched the wildlife that he saw around him. Originally qualifying as a professional photographer he worked for many years in the photographic industry, his interest in wildlife enabled him to use his photographic skills to capture on film many species of birds and animals in their natural habitat. In 1990 Mark decided to leave photography and pursue a career as a wildlife artist.
- Mark’s travels have taken him from Africa to the Arctic and from America to India in search of subject matter such as wolves, bears, eagles, owls and his favourite the big cats. He likes to study all his subjects in the wild gathering material on them and their environment. The final paintings are drawn from field reference gathered on his trips.
- His paintings have been exhibited widely and are in the collections of a number of art lovers around the world, many major works having been sold at wildlife art auctions held by Bonhams, Christies and Sotheby’s. In 1996 Mark was invited to become a Fellow of the Wildlife Art Society, and took the top photographic honours at the society’s annual exhibition in London. Over 200 of his works have been reproduced as prints, greetings cards, calendars and stamps.
- Many wildlife charities have benefited through the sale of Mark’s paintings, including the RSPB, the Wildlife Trusts, the Worldwide Fund for Nature and the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. For many years he has been involved with the Hawk & Owl Trust advising on many conservation projects and working with and landowners in creating suitable habitats and nest sites so as to encourage Barn Owls and other threatened birds of prey back into the countryside.Having such magnificent controlled brush work. Such a delightful animal lover collectors scene.Ref source 1stdibs and artists own label verso.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- With wire hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition. Front painting surface has some spots of surface dirt & foxing stains in places. With general wear, dust, scuffs, stains also having a chip damage to 1 corner of the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Browse our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of frame approximate
Length depth thickness (2cm)