Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Bronze Heraldic Gilded Military Knighthood OBE Coat Of Arms Plaque
Regular price £1,000.00 Sale price
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Military Interest With This 1 Fine Rare Bronze Heraldic Hand Painted & Gilded Military Knighthood Award OBE Coat Of Arms Plaque.
- In the beautiful Victorian style.
- This plaque is connected to the historic reward system of the United Kingdom. For a Knighthood within the military division of the O.B.E.
- The open helm above the shield says the bearer of arms was a knight. Knight Companion of the most excellent order of the British Empire.
- The awarding of supporters to the shield was also allowed.
- Having the latin inscription Consilio Et Prudentia which means wise cousel.
- Provenance part of the original wooden case that this plaque came with is present, it bears the name addressed to Major Jackson Millar Regional Controller, Ministry of Supply, 21 Glasgow Street, Glasgow.
- It is so interesting to look at & ornate with a sailing ship, medal, flowers, horn, knkigts helmet, also 2 robed classical male figures holding an eternal flame and the other a hammer.
- Very heavy superb quality weighing just under 13kg.
- Made from bronze.
- Circa mid 20th century 1940's.
- Superb to display in your home, also great for a TV film documentary, theatre props shop.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having signs of wear, some scuffs & scratches in places commensurate with usage & age.
- No hanging bracket you would need to add one or drill screw holes.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our exciting other collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
0.23" Length depth thickness (0.6cm)
15.15" High (38.5cm)
13.77" Wide (35cm)